There are so many ways to style your natural hair and make those CURLS POP! It seemed like I could never do one right, every time I did a twist out, Bantu knots, or a braid out it was a big fat FAIL until now. I decided I wanted to really define my curls and style my hair cute for my birthday (that was two days ago, Happy Birthday to me); so I did a TWIST OUT! Now, this twist out was going to be like the 100th time I tried a twist out on my hair and all 99 times before were not successful; but I still took on the challenge. I started off with air dried hair that had already been detangled.
The things I used:
1 wide tooth comb
Moco De Gorila Punk Squizz Hair Gel
Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Instensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream
spray bottle (water)
I completed my whole head by repeating the following steps.
- section off and part hair
- spray section with water
- detangle if needed
- apply the Garnier Fructis Style Sleek & Shine Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream
- apply the Moco De Gorila Punk Squizz Hair Gel
- use the wide tooth comb to comb through the section and distribute the products evenly through the strains.
- start twisting! (two sections of hair, one over the other tightly)
Above is a before and after picture where you can definitely tell my curls are more defined after the success of this twist out. I was just so excited that I finally got it right, I just had to write about it.
What Type of Styling Methods Work for You?
STILL HAVE TO CONCUR THAT BANTU KNOT…..